Policy on Donation Acceptance
Karwaan DRS foundation is committed to the betterment of air ambulance services and combating climate change in India. Hence to serve the nation we are welcoming donations for purposes that will help the organization further and fulfill its mission in adherence/compliance with Indian laws. Karwaan DRS Foundation requests all donors to seek the assistance of legal and financial advisors in matters relating to their donations and their tax structure.
The following policies and guidelines govern the donations made to Karwaan DRS foundation for the benefit of any of its programs, services, or operations:
- Compatibility & Public Relationships: Donor and foundation shall be on the same page regarding the use of donations. Acceptance of the donation shall not damage the public image and relationship of the foundation.
- Values & Consistency: We make sure that the Values of the foundation shall not be compromised while receiving donations. Acceptance of donations shall be aligned with ethical practices.
- Primary Benefit & Form of Donation: Whether the primary benefit is to Foundation, versus the donor. Donations should be of clear title and the foundation shall refrain from accepting donations with disputed transactions.
- Effect on Future Giving: Foundation shall adhere the fair practice to motivate donation acceptance for the future.
The type of Donations Generally Accepted Without Review:
- Donations from donors that exclusively consider the mission and values of the Foundation.
- Donations from donors with which Foundation has a healthy established and beneficial relationship.
- Donations from verified non-controversial donors.
Donations Accepted Subject to Prior Review:
Certain forms of donations or funding may be subject to review prior to acceptance. Examples of donations subject to prior review include, but are not limited to:
- Donations from unknown or unfamiliar donors with which Foundation does not have an established funding relationship.
- Donations from institutional donors (including foundations, foreign government agencies, corporations, or corporate foundations) that might not implicitly or explicitly share the core values of the Foundation.
- Donations that require review from a legal entity, as per Indian law.
- Donations that could lead to conflicts of interest between donor and foundation moreover may lead to questionable circumstances against regulation of reserve bank of India.
- Donations that include significant restrictions regarding the usage of funds as per Indian law.
Use of Legal Counsel:
Karwaan DRS Foundation shall seek the advice of legal entity in matters of donations that lies in the “subjected to approval category” when deemed appropriate relating to acceptance of this kind of donations adhering to the guidelines prescribed by Indian law.
Restriction on Donations:
Karwaan will not accept donations if:
- That would result in Karwaan DRS foundation losing its NGO status as a registered charity.
- That would result in Karwaan losing its mission
- Are too difficult or expensive to administer in relation to their value
- Donations that would result in any unacceptable circumstances for the foundation